I’ve worked with many of the UK’s largest government departments on public services, ranging from border security to teaching resources. My public sector achievements and roles include:
- Creating G-Cloud, a £5bn+ framework, at Cabinet Office
- Consulting product and commercial manager for the business case and alpha stages of a predictive prevention health app at PHE
- Creating a Target Operating Model for UK Border Force
- Product managing an online standards resource for teachers at DfE
- Director and product owner of a pan-government hosting service used by DWP, Treasury, Department of Health, CQC, and many others
- Developing digital design frameworks for the BBC
- Strategy advisor to Home Office CTO
I’ve worked on all phases of services, from full programme business cases to running and retiring live services.
In all my public sector engagements I bring commercial acumen gained from working in the private sector with an understanding of government processes such as The Green Book (HMT), the Service Standard (GDS), the Technology Code of Practice (GDS), the legislative process, log frames, and benefits analysis.
I’ve established a network of contacts across Whitehall and always strive to use this network to maximise taxpayer benefit, often by bringing people together within or across departments where I know they’re working on common projects. I currently sit on a cross-government group with MOD and Dstl that aims to maximise value in areas including security and defence.
If you’re a public sector organisation looking for an adviser or non-executive director who has consistently delivered innovative public services across Whitehall, contact me today.